Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday 25th February


After a late breakfast we camped out by the pool for most of the day.  
Ahhhh, breakfast on the beach
We both ventured into the sea, which felt like a warm bath in comparison to the pool temperature.  I took a mask and snorkel with me at one point but there was a lot of sand stirred up in the water and I felt uneasy with the amount of boat traffic passing by.  It wouldn’t be the safest place for a swim so we stuck to the cordoned off area after that.
View from the pool through to the beach

I had a break during the day as I was worried about roasting myself by over-doing it but basically that was us for the day.

We freshened up for happy hour cocktails up at ‘the view restaurant’ for sunset and were treated to this:


The only downside being that, although they fumigate the main hotel area, that seemed to have driven the giant-sized Thai mosquitoes up the hill.  After a few large nibbles we were out of there!

We had an important call back to the UK to wish my nephew a Happy 5th Birthday and watch him open his presents.  I don’t think the people trying to relax and enjoy their massage were very happy with the frivolity in the background but that was where the best Wi-Fi was, so, tough!

We enjoyed another meal on the beach, partaking in some more tasty Thai food.  I have had a yellow and green curry over the last few days.  Only red to go and I’ve completed the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment