Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday 30th April - time for another down day?!



Due to the F1 causing both of us to have a broken night’s sleep last night we opted to stay an extra night in Swift Current and today I blogged like I have never blogged before – adding about two weeks to the finished product so I am now only 10 days behind.  It feels great.

However, not able to spend a whole day inside, I was relieved when the weather improved for me to be able to go for a bike ride.  I was not expecting anything special, especially when the initial sights to behold were a sewage treatment works followed by a landfill site.  Ahhhh, beautiful Swift current. 
Harrier's circled overhead
But beyond these eyesores I saw reservoirs and stumbled upon a wetlands paradise, complete with deafeningly beautiful birdsong that I even tried recording for posterity. I could have sat there all day.  The only reason I moved was when I noticed dark clouds on the horizon starting to head my way… and the fact that the blog isn’t gonna write itself!

The lack of decent photographs can be explained by the fact that I didn't even bother taking a decent camera or binoculars with me.  Low expectations you see. So this couple of pics were taken on my iPhone.

I saw a black and white wading bird and a few yellow-headed blackbirds making a racket, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

A wetland paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment