Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thursday 5th January -Drive to St George Island


We’re now quite adept at our ‘getting ready to go’ regime.  Between us, we ensure that we detached from all utilities and in shape for the off without even referring to the list anymore!  I am wary about putting my hand under the hatch for the electricity box having heard tales of spiders and bugs seeking shelter there.  But this morning I had a pleasant surprise, finding this little fella waiting in there for me.  I guess it must be warm in there!


The bridge over to St George Island

We drove North West to St George Island State Park which is on the ‘panhandle’ of Florida just South West of Tallahassee.  This park was recommended to us not only by Barbara but also a fellow camper I got into conversation with in the laundry area of a campsite - the fountain of much of my travel information! Having crossed the four-mile-long bridge to the island we reached the entrance lodge just before sunset.  It was another four miles to the campsite but this gave us an opportunity to snap some lovely sunset shots (yes MORE sunset shots!).


No comments:

Post a Comment