Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday 24th January – Ruth has a spa day…. As does Harvey!

Ahhh, somewhere else that likes a list, handy.

I had been looking forward to doing aqua aerobics this morning but had the worst night’s sleep I’d had for months.  I mislaid my earplugs so had to make do with second class ear protection – cotton wool!  The answer to whether Simon is snoring less than he was at home is – no!  It must just be that I have been sleeping more deeply and peacefully than I used to in my old life.  The cotton wool was substandard…. I had to give up and move to the sofa…. Then having to move again when it got too cold in the lounge area.  So when my alarm went off I felt less than sociable and stayed put for some more dozing.  I made up for it though…. I went for a swim and a relaxing dip in the hot-tub, expecting that to be my exercise for the day.

It was Simon’s turn to select the next campsite on the outskirts of San Antonio.  Austin and San Antonio are conveniently close to each other so the Satnav told us it would only take an hour to make our next stop, which was lucky as we’re running out of our week’s gas supply. We left it to the last minute to leave our San Marcos site but kept an eye out for a truck wash on the way – we’d put off giving Harvey a badly needed wash down for weeks.  We’ve got a system working for it now…. Do one half at a time!  Even so, it still took us nearly an hour to do a proper job and $12 but it was time and money well spent, Harvey was sparkling again:

Quite cosy with your neighbours at some sites!
Our next park, Braunig Lake RV resort was just over the other side of the road from the car wash.  I have to say that Simon had done well too!  A huge resort with very good facilities for our $26 a night, including another pool and hot-tub (this time outside)!  I could get used to this….  I went for my customary orientation bike ride around the resort and then decided to take a look at Braunig lake itself, ending up on a 10km bike ride instead!  It was a lovely warm sunny day today.  I cycled along, dreaming about taking my second dip of the day when I got back!  In a race against the sunset I persuaded Simon to come and check out the pool before it got too late and cold:

Hot tub and pool at sunset

The hot-tub was nice and warm, the pool was…. I reckon sub-zero.  It took a lot of copping out and being a wuss but I finally managed to have a short plummet into the cold water before relaxing back into the hot-tub aaaagh, bliss.  We were spoilt by another great sunset before it was time for dinner and the evening RV routine – TV and blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment